Sunday, June 14, 2009

Volunteering at Highwood Health Center

I have been here at Highwood for over three weeks and have really enjoyed my time here. We are located about 2 hours north-east from Melbourne about 3 km from Narbethong, a town which was wiped out by the devastating bushfire in February. It is obvious how only God in his power protected the Highwood property which is like a green patch in alot burned bush!
I had the privilege to help out in the Health Center and to experience a full 3 week program here. I helped in theraphies as massages, steam bath and fomentation, in the kitchen, which I really enjoyed, in the garden and as well in the Health Center with various little jobs.


rays of sunlight through the bush
walking to the college for worship
the Health Center

Robert Pannekoek, one of the bible teachers. We had a blessed time studiying the book of Daniel together
lunch time


friday evening worship. One of the highlights at Highwood. The staff and the guests come together for a special time together.
Music playes a really important part at Highwood. That makes it really beautiful and encouraged me to keep up with my violin playing!
Wade our dedicated gardener
Learning the ABC of education!!
the garden has heaps of beautiful herbs and fresh greens!
A box of fresh organinc vegetables from the garden which was used for special juices for our cancer patients

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Awww...those photos bring a smile to my face!!! Brings back many fond memories! :-) especially the pics of the kitchen etc! Am glad to see you enjoying your time there.

Bonnie said...

whoops, by the way, I'm Bonnie Siems...should have signed my last post!